- In your Evidence notebook (called Experience notebook in this edition) list examples of rocks or minerals that you are familiar with
- What do you think causes the differences in the color of the minerals in the Rainbow Mountains?
- What do you think caused the rock layers to have so many different colors at different periods on Earth?
- Unit Project: Minerals, Crystals, and Gemstones
- Notes: Stoichiometry and Empirical Formulas
- Sample problems for Empirical and Molecular formulas
- Do Empirical formula and Molecular formula problem set; all practice problems and Additional problems #s 1 & 2; due Wednesday December 4th
- Stoichiometry Problem set due
- Shifts range all day from Dec 6th to Dec 8th
- In order to get credit you must sign up as volunteering for West Campus California Scholarship Federation
- The Group Leader is Mr.Mapplebeck
- This event is worth 1 In-Club Event and also however many volunteer hours
- To sign up click here
- Submit Combustion lab sheet
- Unit 3 Anchoring Phenomena: What distinguishes the minerals in a mountain?
- Brainstorm ideas for an experiment that would help explain the phenomena
- Crystal formation video
- Why are some of the crystals square shaped?
- What happens when two crystals touch?
- What would happen if you removed a crystal from the solution?
- Chemical samples
Important information from the previous meeting:
Congratulations to Wesley Veiga for becoming Community Outreach!
Kudos to all the candidates.
- Turn in your fees!!! Currently, 54/72 members paid.
- Remember you must complete at least 2 hours of tutoring per semester.
How to reach us:
Remind : text @nhsatwc to 81010
- Linktree in our bio will lead you to all the links for events and discussion
Tran: Hoangt.email@example.com or last resort @ (916)490-9971
Mr. Mapplebeck: here(Rm 63) or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is the link so you can view the meeting slides for our previous meeting!